While no cow’s milk modification has yet to equal the qualities of breast milk being the best source of food for infants, most formula milk contain a balance of nutrients to meet your growing child’s needs.
1. Preterm formula milk – intended for premature or low birth weight babies.
2. First stage formula milk – designed as first stage milk to be used as an alternative to breast milk; can be used until your baby reaches one year.
3. Second stage formula milk – designed to meet the needs of a hungrier baby. Not suitable for all infants but good formula milk for babies’ who are too young to start weaning.
4. Follow on formula milk – suitable for babies from 6 months onwards; designed as babies begin weaning to support nutritional needs.
5. Soya-based formula milk – intended for babies with allergic reactions from cows’ milk.…
Expectant mothers usually have to go through a lifestyle change with a baby on the way. But that doesn’t mean that fathers simply have to sit on the sidelines. By working together, an expectant couple can save a lot of money by simply following a healthier, less-expensive diet together.
Cut Down on Caffeine. Coffee and soda isn’t very healthy for expectant mothers. Save yourselves a sizable amount of money by shaving off coffee and soda from your grocery lists completely. Sticking to more natural alternatives like green tea (and yes, water) will save you cash and from health complications.
Say No to Junk Food. You won’t believe how much money can be saved by doing away with the unhealthy snacks from your fridge. By throwing away the cheese balls, potato chips and fast food meals, you can both live healthier and richer lives for yourselves and your baby.
Eat at Home. It’s about time to try out the stove and learn how to cook. Eating at home is always a cheaper alternative to dining out. And if your man is willing to take on the frying pan every now and then, it can be a great way to bond and get ready for a new life with your little one on the way.…
There is a belief that breast feeding will protect from pregnancy. But it is not so, many women become pregnant while breast feeding. Lots of women think that they have to wean their baby because of getting pregnant during breast feeding, but it is not necessary. You just have to decide to nurse both the babies after pregnancy.
The following are some facts that you have to know about breast feeding during pregnancy and decide upon:
• It might stimulate uterine contractions and in very few cases it might lead to miscarriage.
If you have already undergone a miscarriage or you feel unusual uterine contractions then it is wise to stop feeding by consulting this with your doctor.
• You will experience more fatigue, but you can overcome this by rest more.
• You will have to eat more nutritious foods to support the unborn baby’s nutritional need.
• Your nipples may become more tender than normal and you can overcome this discomfort by shifting your baby’s position.
• You will feel that the amount of breast milk supply is getting decreased during your second trimester. Hence at this stage, you to take more nutritious food to feed your baby.
• Sometimes the taste of the breast milk may get changed and it may not be liked by some babies.…